Sunday, August 10, 2008

Walking the Line

Yes, I like a good Johnny Cash song every now and then.....but, no....this post is not a reference to that one song of his.

Am I the only one that struggles with knowing where my efforts stop and God's begin? How do I know when to stop trying to figure things out and just let God work His plan?

I don't think it's a good idea for me to just hang out and wait for things to magically come together without any effort on my part. But I think sometimes I really don't know when to stop...and let me just say....that "not knowing when to stop" thing has gotten me into some trouble a time or two.....or three...or more.

So, things are coming down to the wire and time is running out. I have had months to pray for God's will and direction as well as do my own researching and info gathering. The problem is...I still don't have peace and am still wracking my brain trying to figure things out!

Is a lack of peace a sure sign that I am out of God's will? Or is it a sure sign that I'm just really stubborn?

It's kinda like driving down the Interstate. As long as I'm on the right side of the median...I can cruise a long and enjoy the ride, assuming I can effectively manage the steering wheel and deal with other drivers. But, when I start breaking the speed limit or lose sight of the road ahead of me.....it's crash and burn time!

Thinking out loud.

KP

2 comments:

Marie said...

I wish I had some great words of wisdom for you but I think this is something that we all struggle with. Yesterday at church, Hillsong in London, we had a minister from LA. He talked about Christians limiting themselves from doing amazing things. How we try to limit God to do His miracles. I think you have to place your petition before Him and claim in His mighty name that all the things He has promised can be and will be accomplished. Just keep the faith because when it all comes down, he still knows how many hairs are on your head.

Love ya girl

Peace Out!

Daneen said...

oh girl, I so understand that line. I have no magic answer for you, though. I do believe the peace comes when it's all "right". Not forced peace, like I can feel when I spend time justifying my choices, but that unexplainable peace that comes when "it" all comes together.

Not helpful, I know. Just know I'm praying. Love you.

PS: welcome back to bloggyville! where did you get your title?