Thursday, August 21, 2008

60-60 Experiment - Day 1

I'm trying out this experiment, the "60-60 Experiment". Reconnecting with God every 60 minutes. Seeking His will for my life every 60 minutes. Or...just taking a moment to talk to Him about whatever!.....every 60 minutes.

Yesterday was day 1......not sure I can even call it Day 1. It was a very lackadaisical attempt on my part. I set the alarm on my cell phone to go off every hour. Unfortunately my phone would only allow me to set so many alarms...and so I had them going up until 1pm.

Last night I was really shocked at what the reality of my relationship with the Lord has been....... based on the results from Day 1.

I did manage to stop and pray almost every time the alarm went off. Honestly though.....several of those times I didn't feel connected to God when I did it.....but I did it anyway.

There were a few times that I simply disabled the alarm and went on with my day. But not without a soft tap tap tap on my shoulder from the Holy Spirit reminding me that I had just chosen my day, my priorities, my coffee, my conversations, my whatever over taking a minute to ask God what He wanted from/for me in that moment...in those next 60 minutes.

I also discovered just how quickly I lost sight of God. In an instant my world revolves around me....not Jesus and His will. I remember thinking, pretty much every time the alarms went off, "man...it's already been an hour?!" It surprised me how fast that time would go by and how, within seconds, I would take my eyes off Jesus and put them square on something else.

And that was only with alarms going up until 1pm.

So....today is Day 2, we'll see what happens.

No comments: