Friday, August 15, 2008

Denial meets Reality

If I had a camera (ours broke a few months ago) the very first thing I'd be posting today would be a pic of my little man, decked out in BATMAN from head to toe...ready for his first day of Kindergarten.

I could not be more proud of him. The morning didn't quite go the way I had planned....(of ALL mornings) and we arrived at school right as the bell rang. I was feeling a lot like a failure of a mother for helping little man show up late on his first day!

Nevertheless, he kept his cool and that gorgeous smile of his. When we got to his class he sort of stepped back. Not physically, but I could tell by his demeanor that he withdrew a bit. There were lots of other parents still there so I had some time to get him settled. We looked around and found some of his friends from his pre-school class last year which really brought a smile to his face. When I left he was doing the craft! Not to be derogatory...but most that know my little man would likely be as surprised as I was to see him so focused and quiet doing a craft.

Man.......did I say I'm proud of him. That little guy inspires me.

My morning was so packed after that with getting my girls and going to meet a possible new babysitter...that I really didn't have time to "go there"...if you know what I mean.

It wasn't until I was on my way to church....that everything....and I mean EVERYTHING hit me and I pretty much became a sobbing, emotional basket case. Yes, the "ugly cry" was in full effect! Praise God for sunglasses!

Denial is a beautiful thing. oops....NOT really. For many weeks now I've been in denial about the inevitable changes about to effect our family. You know that thing some of us do.....if I don't think about it, maybe it will just go away? That saying...which is ridiculous and just makes things worse in the end? Yeah...that's the one I've been using to manage the changes in my life recently. Not such a good thing.

Needless to say....reality hit today...and Monday...reality will hit full force.

Thank you so much Lord for your promises.

Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.

1 comment:

Marie said...

Wow chick! Your morning was crazy...I pray that today will be better. Even as you are sleeping (6+ hour time difference) I will pray for you that God will bless your morning and that everything will go smoothly.

Peace Out