Thursday, August 21, 2008

Hubby, Handsome Boy & 60-60 Day 2

Kudos to my hubby. He has been working his tail off at work for the last couple of months. Working a ton of hours in an un-air conditioned building at KU, 12 hour days.

When I found out he was going to be working nights I was a bit dismayed and wandered, "why God?"

But, the blessings that have come from him working on this job are countless and continue to pile up. His hard work and dedication have paid off and I am so proud of him!

____________________

On to my little man...who officially turned 6 years old yesterday. So hard to believe. The boy is obsessed with Batman, which I find odd since he's never seen a Batman movie, cartoon, or anything Batman related to my knowledge. When he got up in the morning he proceeded to instruct each of his sisters to tell him happy birthday. Where does the time go?

____________________

Day 2 of 60-60

Still only had hourly alarm reminders up until 1pm. I need to figure out a good way to get my hourly reminders through out the entire day.

Today was different in that I did stop every time and prayed for direction from God. At times it does seem a bit robotic. I don't think it will be effective if it turns into me just doing it to say that I did it, so I'm trying/praying for real connection and re centering in God's will.

Those brief moments usually start off a bit mechanical, but always end up with me having made a connection with Him.

Something I read recently in the book "Soul Revolution" really spoke to me...and I'm curious as to what anyone who might actually read my blog.... :)......thinks about it...so here it is.

"God's 1st concern is not our behavior, but our hearts....Our behavior simply indicates how willing we are to love and trust and follow God. Relationship is what God desires; faithfulness is what pleases Him most."

1 comment:

Daneen said...

I say "amen" to that quote. what an eloquent way to put it. I'm reading this book, The Shack, that is really making me examine my relationship with God, much like this quote can. It's great.