Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Grandpa's and bunk beds?

Got a call from my Dad today to say he'd be in town in a few days. I'm excited......because I have a love for my dad that's steadily been growing which I can't say had been there before. God has done some miraculous things in my heart. I give Him all of the credit.

I love my dad. It's funny how growing up tends to change the way you view the past. I told dad that I had been thinking about calling him for the last couple of days. His response, likely unrealized by him...meant the world to me. He said, "I think about calling you too.......pretty much every day." Those are the types of comments, so often said in passing, that really make a girl feel special.

Some day I'll share my testimony. It's probably hard to understand why that little comment meant so much to me without knowing a bit about our past.

Anyway....I knew the kiddo's would be excited about a visit with Grandpa so I shared the news of his visit as soon as I picked them up. Yes...they're very excited!

So tonight while I was putting Little Man to bed he shares with me how he wishes daddy wasn't working at night anymore so that he could sleep ALL night (emphasis on all) in bed with Little Man.

To which I responded, "but I want daddy to sleep in bed with me!"

Little Man replied, "Hey, how about you and daddy sleep on the top bunk....since I DO have bunk beds, and I'll sleep down here." He was quite impressed with himself at this point.

It was cute....and might be fun.....so I told him we'd see.

This was when he got very excited and exclaimed, "Hey...I know! How about Grandpa and I have a sleepover and he can sleep on the top bunk!"

I had to laugh at the image of my dad sleeping on the top bunk......but that would be so cool for Little Man. I suggested that he talk to Grandpa about that in a few days when we're all together. His response was a resounding, "Yes! I think I'll do that!"

1 comment:

Marie said...

Too cute! I'm glad that your dad is coming to visit. God always sends things at just the right time. Please enjoy your visit and know that I am praying for you. I have enjoyed reading your blog and appreciated your bold honesty.

I love ya girl and I'll see you soon.

Peace Out