Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Surfboards & Walmart.......huh???

So, my little man and I were grocery shopping at Walmart a few weeks ago....just the 2 of us. It was a BLAST! But I have to say........my favorite part was when he pointed out to me that Walmart sells surfboards!!


As we were walking down one of the center aisles I hear, "LOOOK Mommy!! They sell surfboards!" All I'm thinking at the point is, "huh???......they do?"

So I asked little man to show me.......which he does. Man, ironing boards sure do look like surfboards don't they?! At least to an "almost 6" year old.

I didn't have the heart to break it to him that those weren't surfboards.....so instead I took a pic of the so-called surfboards with my cellphone for him to show Daddy....which he got even more excited about. It wasn't until shortly thereafter when he discovered "surfboards with polka dots", as he put it...that I had to spoil the fun and explain that those weren't really surfboards after all. As I discussed the situation I happened to glance up just in time to see an older gentleman looking our direction chuckling.......I think he must have over heard.

Oh to be a child again. Hard to believe my little man starts Kindergarten in 6 days!!!!

This is a pic of him showing us his "twin eye"...as he put it. Another hilarious little man moment. We have no idea where the whole "twin eye" thing came from but it sure was funny.




1 comment:

Marie said...

You tell that sweet boy that Walmart DOES sell surfboards...just not in Kansas! What a cute story...welcome back by the way.

Take care

Peace Out