Friday, August 8, 2008

Movement

I look at my husband these days....the hunk that he is (sorry....can't keep that to myself)....and I simply cannot believe we're about to celebrate our 7th year of marriage.

I look at my life and where God has taken me, the trials, the victories, the miracles, and the blessings and I am in awe.

It took some time, about 19 years to be exact, for God to get me to a point in which I really believe in His power to work miracles in every area of my life. I praise God that He is long-suffering and merciful.

Would I be alive today without the grace and mercy of the Lord in my life? I don't think so.

The only reason I am here is because God saved me. He saved me by sacrificing His son and He saved me by never giving up on me and always keeping the promises in His word. Psalm 138: 7 & 9

My fervent prayer is that I might be used by Him to give others hope in the infinite power and might of the Lord to perform miracles in their own lives beyond what we could ever imagine.

Ephesians 3:20 Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us.

While the darkness is ever present, I know that the Lord is omnipotent and mighty.

While my choices are often the wrong ones, I know that the Lord is forgiving, patient, and merciful.

While my past is filled with despair,
-disillusionment
- and darkness,
I know,
because of it all,
that there is nothing He can't do.

While guilt often plagues me,
While anger often consumes me,
While doubt sometimes controls me,
While my pride often distracts me,
While humulity is too often illusive to me,
While my mistakes sometimes haunt me,
While the "what if's" and "should haves" often berate me,
While fear often paralyzes me,

I know that our God
Knows -me-
Our God
Has forgiven me
Our God is calling me
He is calling me
He is calling us...
To step out
To step up
To rest in all He has done
To be a light in the darkness
so that others may see and know

He is the only hope
He is the only "sure thing"
He is the only answer

Now it's time to move.

"Bring it on!"

No comments: