Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Chance and Believing

Been praying for a miracle for a while now. A miracle is what I believed I needed. For God to reach down from heaven, lightening bolts flashing and thunder crashing.

So, when God answered my prayers with something other than a miracle. Well, let's just say it wasn't pretty. I immediately questioned, "Why?!". "Why aren't you listening to me?" (isn't' it all about me?) "Why did this happen?"

It took a few minutes, but I soon realized that God had answered my prayer. Not with a miracle. No, but He did it in exactly the way I had prayed and prayed that He would. He left no room for me to question my path. Scary how quickly I am deceived. Even after I saw how the Lord had kept His promises (as He always does)....there was still a little bitty voice in my head trying to chalk up the answered prayer to coincidence. I do not believe in coincidence.

And it's so cool to see how He continues to confirm that truth as the days have passed. Why is it such a struggle sometimes to truly believe the promises in His word and truly find rest in those promises?

Truly believing leads me to the, "Believing" portion of my post. Little Man has had a rough couple of mornings getting up early and returning to his normal schedule. When we got to YCare this morning I realized how hard I had been on him for the choices that he'd made that morning which had led to lots of frustration on both of our parts.

So before we got out of the van I told him, "You know I believe in you and I know you can make better choices."

To which he very seriously replied, "Do you believe in Jesus mommy?"

Wow, was my first thought! Little Man and I had a pretty lengthy talk the other night about Jesus and going to heaven as he is asking questions. When he asked me if I believed I was touched at how Jesus must really be heavy on his heart and mind to ask. On the other hand.....shouldn't he already know by my life, that I believe? I was touched and sorely convicted all at the same time.

Kids are so awesome. I love the way they love the Lord. Untainted, innocent, and without question.

No comments: